[asterisk-biz] OT: Network Upgrade

Christopher Bergström cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Thu Mar 30 09:33:20 MST 2006

Jason Adams wrote:

> We are looking for a Linux engineer with Oracle experience to upgrade
> a client site. Here is the scope:
> Upgrade the following:
> • From Linux 7.3 to Linux Enterprise 4.0 (16 machines)

Does RH AS 2.1 count? ;) (Just about the same thing as 7.3) Also are
these all the same arch/specs? I realize that RH provides binary
kernels, but there are some things which can be tuned for performance if
the server is used exclusively for database..

> • From Database Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition release 9.2.0.5.0t o
> 10gr2 (3 databases)

Are they using any of the Oracle apps like iStore.. ERP.. etc..

> • From Tapeware 7 to Tapeware 8 for backup solution

> The client is located in the San Mateo, California area. Preferred
> person should be within an hours distance.

I might be in the SJ (south bay) area here shortly on other business,
but can do upgrades w/o the need for remote hands. What's the timeline
or when do you need someone by?

Cheers,

Christopher Bergström
cbergstrom at netsyncro.com

US +1 206.203.5460
Fax +1 206.312.5233

*/CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION:/* The information contained in this
transmission is confidential and is intended only for the use of the
entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notify us of the error in a reply to the sender.