[asterisk-biz] Large System

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Wed Mar 29 09:41:10 MST 2006

I have not done a system this large but I would consider using a sip
proxy for groups of people, maybe per floor or per organizational unit.
I might also consider using a separate asterisk server for smaller
groups of people, maybe 250 per or so, to divide the load.

PoE is really great for phone system use if only for the fact that you
can put a UPS system behind your PoE injectors/switch and keep the
phones up if the power goes out.

Like I said, I've never done one that large so who knows.

-Jonathan

I've