[asterisk-biz] Looking for Unlimited in/out calls in LATAs 248 and 460 DIDs

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Tue Mar 28 10:31:58 MST 2006

On Mar 28, 2006, at 12:15 PM, C F wrote:

> On 3/28/06, Waldo Rubinstein <waldo at trianet.net> wrote:
>> C F,
>>
>> Sorry for not being clear.
>>
>> Hunt-roll over / Multiple voice-paths: I just need to have the
>> ability that if my client needs to be able to receive 5 calls to the
>> same number, he can. Or that he can make 5 simultaneous outbound
>> calls within the LATA (5 being just a sample number).
>>
>> 3-way calling, call-waiting, E911: well, maybe DID is not the right
>> term. Maybe what I should have asked for is a VoIP line with those
>> features and attach a DID (provided by you) to that (or those) line
>> (s).
>
> If you are going to use a phone that will take adavantage of
> Call-waiting, then how on earth will that person be able to use 5
> channels?

I did not say that all my clients will use multiple voice paths and/
or call-waiting. Of course, it doesn't make sense. However, some of
my clients need a single line with call-waiting. Some other clients
need multiple voice paths, which doesn't really go well with call
waiting.

Now, if you work for a company that provides these type of services,
maybe we can take our conversation off line, since you seem to be the
only one having difficulty understanding me, while I have already
received many direct responses from companies that offer the services
who understand the request.

If you are simply trying to be a smart ass and being a good samaritan
in making sure the rest of the list members understand the request,
well, I haven't seen anyone ask for clarification, so I figure they
are old enough and mature enough to ask for help when needed.

I'm sure we can go into great levels of technicalities as to how the
service should work, what features go with what, etc, etc, etc.
However, I would rather leave that discussions for serious companies
that want to do business and not spend my time and the time of others
deleting your emails.

I simply posed a general question about a service request. Many
companies seemed to have understood the question and have positively
replied in an effort to dig further into the request, without having
to pollute everyone else's mailbox.