[asterisk-biz] Dropped calls experience?

vampares augury at vampares.org
Mon Mar 27 14:54:07 MST 2006

	I am in the process of relocating my office.  I would like to run an asterisk
server for 6 lines or so.  I've experimented with the server in the past and
was satisfied with the results.

	At home I have had my number ported by Broadvoice.  Most of the time it works
fine, I have only had one or two dropped calls, I don't use the phone very
often however.  Other members of my household have frequent dropped calls,
both at the initial connection and several minutes into the call.

	This is a no go for my business.  I suspect it has something to do with using
the absolute cheapest service possible -- and it is great for myself as I
don't care for telephone conversations as is.

	What is the likelyhood of dropped calls with another service i.e. 6tel,
ipcomms, voipjet, junctionnetworks?  I would probably be using a cable
connection, maybe dsl.