[asterisk-biz] Rating Conversions

Mark Hulber asterisk-admin at hulber.com
Thu Mar 23 22:00:50 MST 2006

Not sure I know what you mean but let me take a shot:

Are you saying you are getting billed 30/30 but you want to bill 1/1?

30/30 - For a call less than 30 seconds you will lose as much as 29
seconds of billing and on average you will lose 15 seconds of billing.
This will continue for every 30 second increment.  So, the most you will
lose for a call is 29 seconds of billing.  To determine what to bill it
really depends on the average length call.  The longer the call the less
of a percentage you will be losing.

.01/minute
   301 second at 30/30 = .055
   for 1/1 to be .055 you need to bill .055/301 = ~.011

For very short calls you will lose out a bit but for every minute you
will bill an additional .001 until greater than 5 minutes when you will
end up billing more than 30/30.

Is this what you mean?

MARK.