[asterisk-biz] AstriCon Update: Europe Early Bird Open - Expanded Class Schedule

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Thu Mar 23 01:06:13 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

Dinesh Nair wrote:

> higher (than normal) rates for the FIFA World Cup 2006. we had the same
> problem here in Malaysia when we hosted the Commonwealth Games. what was
> a US$40 hotel room became a US$100 hotel room for the duration of the
> games, and that too if you were lucky enough to get the reservation.
> most hotels were overbooked. bear in mind that the World Cup is a much,
> much bigger event than the Commonwealth Games.

I think that will be the case, but not that big. The difference between
the games in Malaysia and the cup in Germany is, that the matches of the
cup are held in 12 different cities across Germany, so not everyone will
stay in Berlin. The AstriCon is not in the middle of the cup, but at the
end of the first round of games before the finals (which are the really
interesting part according to footbal fans). The only game in Berlin
during this time is Germany vs. Ecuador (boring, because we will win ;)
) and it was hard to get hold of tickets. So my guess is, that if you
book your hotel early it won't be a big problem.

Best regards from Germany,

Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller