[asterisk-biz] Dominican Republic Goverment Regulators blocking VoIP Providers

Neftali Ventura neftali50 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 16:07:31 MST 2006

Today this appear on some newspaper on the dominican republic, it's a bad news for people like us that try to implement new tecnology in our countries and goverment act like that, the The Dominican institute of telecommunications INDOTEL is like the FCC on our country hear is the news, and please we need your opinion about that and help:

IMPORTANT WARNING

The Dominican institute of telecommunications INDOTEL, institute that regulate the telecommunications of the Dominican Republic, before the received denunciations and the evidences obtained on the existence of companies that serve public of telecommunications of illegal form, informs to everyone that the only companies authorized by this regutator institue to serve of telefonia,
 in the modalities established in its respective contracts of concession, consisting of local calls,  long national and international distance, and the service of access to Internet, is the following ones:
Verizon Dominicana, Tricom All America Cables & Radio, Inc. Global services of Telefonos Telecommunications of the Caribbean Turital Economitel Services Moviles de Comunicaciones etc.. etc..etc..

In such virtue, all those companies or people not including in list preceding or that is not revendodedores or distributing authorized of the same ones, which they are offering solutions  of local or international calls, under denominated tecnologia of Voice over Internet (Voice  over IP or VOIP) they do it in frank violation to the effective legal ordering in the matter of telecommunications The INDOTEL carries out a continuous process of monitoring and inspection of the operations in the sector, which can be translated in the closing and seizure of the  equipment that is used for these ilicitic operations.

Before this relality, the regulator institute does not take responsibility by the particular interruptions in the service that podrian to undergo the companies and people who have contracted the services of companies that operate
to the margin of the law.

At the same time, WE WARNED the companies that are illegally operating
that in accordance with the established one in I article 105, literal d, of the general law of  telecommunications, no. 153-98, constitutes a very serious lack the benefit of services of telecommunications without the corresponding concession, license or inscription; pasibles, therefore, of being sanctioned administratively with fines that oscillate between RD$1,680,000 (USS48,000.00) and RD$11,200,000 (USS320,000.00)

Neftali Ventura
ICQ: 6503346
neftali50 at yahoo.com