[asterisk-biz] What is the limit on incoming number of channels on IPKall DIDs?

Christopher Bergström cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Sun Mar 12 07:14:13 MST 2006

smbPBX wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I was just wondering. Since they make some money on termination in
> exchange for a free DID, I would think they would keep that limit high
> to encourage as many calls terminating on their network as possible!

Well.... I'm sure that the max number of channels is relative to the
cost to support.. Assuming the business plans is profitable it would
make sense they want more volume.. At the same time even though it's a
free service I'm sure they want QOS for everyone as best as possible..
(How bad would that look to have high churn for a service you offer for
free.. ) So with that mindset do you really set that limit so high?
Further, is a business really going to be using this free service that
would demand that many max channels...  Then again.. who knows.. maybe
they don't cap this at all :)  May I ask how this question came about?

Regards,

C.