[asterisk-biz] US 1-800 numbers

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Mar 5 05:46:13 MST 2006

> Mark Ackroyd wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for a IAX provider for a US 1-800 number, I have visited
> few
> >websites from people on this list, I liked the look of junction
networks
> >but the signup form was not internationally friendly.
> >
> >The 1-800 number will be used just to take voicemail, I don't want to
pay
> >setup fees but would rather have an account of "minutes" that's I
need to
> >top up via credit card.
> >
> >Anybody got or recommend a service?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Mark
> >

> iax.cc otherwise known as sixtel.net
> 1-800 at 2 cents a minute and 20 cents a month.
> They also have voicemail at 2.9 cents a min
> Been using them for over half a year. No issues so far.
>
> --
> JP Carballo

I am a sixtel fan as well.  I really like their control panel.  It has
been a while since I have used anyone else so I don't know if the
features are now standard but with SixTel you can set and easily update
failover numbers and you also get an email when a call cannot be
connected via SIP or IAX, then it hits your failover number if
configured.  I have never sent much volume through them so I cannot
comment on that.

Thanks,
Steve