[asterisk-biz] Random ANI and CLID's from carriers?

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Wed Mar 1 15:19:41 MST 2006

We're seeing something rather odd one of our Asterisk-based gateways.
The gateway is connected to a Tier-1 carrier via a pair of dedicated
circuits that handle toll-free origination and long-distance "hand-back"
customers. The hand-back customers' calls are processed and authorized
based on their ANI, which has always worked well. Today, we have noticed
that at least one customer has had trouble getting his LD calls out
because they show up on our switch with a different ANI every time he
tries to call. I should at that his number (ANI) was a Verizon number
that had been LNP'd to Cox Communications, neither of which is the
carrier whom we are connected to.

My question is, who's dropping in the random ANI/CLID (they always
match) numbers on us? Has anyone else seen anything like this before?