FW: [asterisk-biz] Knockoff TDM400 Cards - What's the Deal?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Mar 1 14:14:00 MST 2006

mustardman29 wrote:
> I could be wrong but I am under the impression that the Digum cards are
> based on manufacturers reference design(s).  At least parts of them are.
> Maybe that is just the T1 cards or maybe it is also the TDM400 cards.
> Perhaps Digium could chime in and enlighten us.

The TDM400P base card is an entirely original Digium design, although it
does use a TigerJet TJ320 as a PCI interface (which not that uncommon).
The FXS/FXO modules are similar to, but not identical to, reference
designs from the manufacturer of the silicon parts on the modules.

The TDM2400P, TE405P, TE410P (and variations) are all original Digium
designs.