[asterisk-biz] FXO/FXS devices

Craig Lawrence craig at mytel.net.au
Fri Jun 30 05:46:29 MST 2006

I have a few customers who're looking for analogue FXO/FXS devices.  We
have a few options in mind however I thought it might be worthwhile
asking the list for some input.

CUSTOMER 1

The customer would like to install Asterisk on one of 5 IBM blade
servers (the other servers are running MS apps) and therefore we are
looking for a separate gateway device to support 8 to 14 FXO / analogue
lines. They are currently at 8 lines and this is growing.  They want a
device that supports SIP trunking.

Qunitum may be an option
http://www.quintum.com/enterprise/entspecs.html?id=21

They would like echo cancellation on board.

CUSTOMER 2

Another customer has 15 analogue lines and will probably drop down to
around 10-12 analogue lines post implementation.  They will be using a
DellSC430 and I assume the TDM2400P is the way to go with this. Has
anyone used the card without the optional echo can? Any other
suggestions?

CUSTOMER 3

Last customer has a small call centre and has had enough of softphones.
They are now looking at IP Phones or 1-2 large scale FXS device(s) of
20+ ports which will allow them to deploy standard analogue phones to
the desktops.  The customer seems to think he can find a device with a
cost per port of around US$35-40 before the phones. We have been trying
to push them to Snom 300's but they are resisting due to cost.  They
will want to continue to use headsets with whatever solution they go
with.  Thus far we haven’t had great quality results with headsets
(plantronics etc) and Snom phones.

Any comments?

Thanking you

Craig Lawrence