[asterisk-biz] Asterisk + VoiceXML

Shidan shidan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:20:00 MST 2006

With asterisks support for  xml and http and anthms embedded
javascript, a stable subset of voicexml which only handles dtmf input
would be pretty easy to develop, probably a couple of months worth of
full time work. But it won't have any of the benefits of a full
featured vxml browser over traditional asterisk methods.

If you want something that works out of the box with vxml for simple
IVR's and Voicemail you can try SIPX. Also check out OpenVXI if you
decide to work on developing a vxml engine for asterisk.

Personally, it looks to me that voicexml is trickling down the same
pth as the virtual reality xml languages of the 90's.

--------
Shidan