[asterisk-biz] Asterisk + VoiceXML

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Jun 28 02:49:55 MST 2006

contact at ecomready.com a écrit :

> Hello,
> Does any of you have information about VoiceXML support in Asterisk ?
> Are there plans to have native VoiceXML support within Asterisk ?
> Are there other open-source project for a VoiceXML plug-in to Asterisk ?
> Are there any other commercial product that can do that (I do not mean
> products that can do gateway between voicexml and SIP channel but a
> real VoiceXML reading from Asterisk directly) ?

There is this on CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/~terry/VoiceXML-Server-1.13/Server.pm

So if you have some Perl skills, it looks like something that could be
done in AGI. You'd probably need a commercial TTS software to achieve
decent results though (Festival isn't very good).

I think there is no major technical difficulty in doing it, but the
integration work and the commercial license required are going to make
it something "expensive" - I'd say in the $50-100k range.

Note the quotes because these days people find anything expensive
discounting the fact that it would have been completely unthinkable to
do for smaller companies just a few years ago...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom