[asterisk-biz] A DID question

Asterisk - Guillaume ARNAUD asterisk at allomundo.com
Mon Jun 26 08:35:52 MST 2006

Hello,

A while ago, when I was an active user of ICQ, I rememeber you could
receive SMS from mobile user by sending an sms to +xxxxxxxx{ICQ_number}
I suspected ICQ to have partners with one of the Mobile opérator in the
world that would accept a long mobile phone number and then transmit
them to the ICQ user.

Now, I am looking for a special DID (not sure it exists or is possible)
for ANI CallBack.
For exemple, my user from france will dial +xxxxxxx{his_phone_number},
it will ring and not answer and even if the callerid does not go
through, my asterisk server will know who to callback since his phone
number will be dialed in the phone number.

Does anyone have a clue who could do this and if it is technically
possible? Some country should accept this :-)

Cordially,

gm at 2