[asterisk-biz] Skype Free International Calls

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jun 24 01:06:16 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 22:13 -0400, Cory Andrews wrote:
> They are integrating Skype calling into Ebay listings.  I'd imagine some
> type of fee structure for Ebay sellers to add a "Skype Me" button to their
> auction listings, similar to how they market Gallery Images, Secondary
> Titles and other add-ons, would be quite lucrative as well.

I would imagine no since you can already do that free..  skype, at least
in windows, automagically registers the 'skype' url handler.  so if you
do something like <a href="skype:myusername">skype me!</a> it will work.

Odds are they are just going to make that a standard thing that can
exist outside the html content of the page, and probably be used more to
push skype onto more people than out of any concern of making it easier
for buyers and sellers to communicate.  After all ebay is in it for the
money, they have never claimed otherwise so its not like they are
selling out, no, instead they bought in.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!