[asterisk-biz] USA DIDs available

Script Head scripthead at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:40:50 MST 2006

Amen to that. The cost of maintaining a realiable DID that approaches
five-nines in reliability is significantly higher than $2 per month no
matter how you twist it. While L3 does charge per minute, some carriers
chose to sell you channels. Resellers of those carriers turn around and
oversell those channels with $2 per month DIDs. Frequently these shops will
take a shortcut elsewhere too, which will most definetely affect
reliability. In most  situations they get away with it but that very minute
when you really need to get thru, you won't be able to and then you'll
understand why some services cost most than others.

In my book the whole "VoIP is cheap" is a major misconception. VoIP is more
convinient, flexible and more powerful when done right. It becomes cheap
when someone cuts a corner and skips a very important step. If you're
willing to lower your standards than you'll be okay with $2 DID which almost
always works.

ScriptHead