[asterisk-biz] USA DIDs available

Script Head scripthead at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:53:46 MST 2006

There is nothing wrong with charging per minute on DID service. On average
DID utilization is so minimal that a provider makes on average just the MRC
and you frequently see channels oversold 50:1 or even 70:1. That is until a
provider stumbles on a customer that will set up a party line on that DID
and  eat up all the channels causing  constant busy at peak hours. It's all
about the opportunity cost where charging a minimal per minute fee the
provider ensures that they are profitable while providing such service.

Unlike termination services, DIDs aren't as easy to play with, move around
from provider (up to 7 weeks to port) so I'd personally feel safer getting a
DID from a provider that's charging for usage.  At least I'd know that
there's a certain value in my account and I will get the service instead of
a busy signal when I need it.

ScriptHead