[asterisk-biz] bandwidth requirements question

Craig Lawrence craig at mytel.net.au
Wed Jun 21 08:37:02 MST 2006

No, there's no simple answer because in real life you might not get all
the bandwidth to the front door (distance from the exchange etc).

We're doing the same install and we estimate that 16 calls using IAX2 is
very conservative (1.08m), 20 is safe (1.33m) and 24 is about as far as
we'd go (1.6m).

You can always do 2 trunks and have the second one as failover using
G729. On the odd occasion the simultaneous calls go over the limit on
the G711 trunk the additional calls cascade onto the G729 trunk.

Good Luck

Craig