[asterisk-biz] Fwd: Call Accounting

Ron Arts ron.arts at neonova.nl
Wed Jun 21 02:36:50 MST 2006

Mark Armstrong schreef:

> I have an accounting client wishing to use cost account charging for
> their clients ie. press code when talking to client to charge them for
> time. Does anyone know of an Asterisk app that will do this or a package
> that can be integrated? Appreciate responses, should be a large market
> for legal and accounting forms?

SNOM phones have a feature called CMC. When enabled you can enter
a customer code in the middle of a call using a softkey on the phone.
This code is then assigned to a dialplan variable named CMC which you
- for example - can save in the UserData field in the CDR.

Of course then you need integrate an application to extract that value
from the CDR and do something meaningful with it.

just my €0,02

Ron