[asterisk-biz] Iowa DID?

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jun 20 04:39:28 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 07:16 -0400, Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:
> In telecom it named *imbalance*. If CLEC terminates more minutes then
> originates them, it's counterparty CLEC/ILEC
> should pay for imbalance.

the same happens with data on tier one network providers (and some
smaller ones).  That is the biggest reason why cogent and level3 parted
ways late last year.  Cogent was sending more data to level3 than level3
sent to cogent and cogent didnt want to pay for the imbalance.

In short TRX makes money, it shares that money with people that use its
services.  We are planning on getting more DIDs in more areas and should
be able to offer more services soon.

TRX is also committed to working with the open source community, to that
end we are going to be hosting some applications that individuals have
made that utilize open source technologies, and provide them with a
means to receive at least a little compensation for their efforts.  We
will be creating a page that showcases some of the products/services
that have already gone up in the near future on our website.

It is this commitment that has lead TRX to creating the Asterisk Bounty
Doubling program, where TRX will match funds listed for bounties upto
what is contributed to the fund, when a bounty is completed.  This gives
an extra incentive to those that complete projects and contribute to the
open source community, as well as adding a little extra insurance
against those that say they will pay for a bounty and either become
unreachable or are unable/unwilling to pay.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!