[asterisk-biz] Feature request: Redirect other calls from dial-plan - modest bounty

Tim Kelly timkelly1980 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:04:01 MST 2006

I think it would be really useful if one could redirect other bridged &
non-bridged calls to a given extension from an application in the dial-plan.
(Essentially unbridging bridged calls and routing them to seperate
extensions.

Through this mechanism you could transfer both ends of a bridged call to a
meetme extension and then join the meetme room yourself thus creating a
3-way call from a 2-way call.

I know the manager interface can do it but from what I understand on the
WIKI it is a bit prone to crashing and I think it would be far more flexible
if you could say dial into a supervisor extension and issue the command via
DTMF which could be sent to the application. It would also allow the
possibility of doing this using a spool script, which I have found can be
very powerful. (/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing)

I think such a feature should be flexible. It should have the option of
transfering both ends of a bridged call to two seperate extensions
(essentially unbridging the call). This would allow the user to maybe hangup
one end and redirect the other, redirect both ends or send both ends to a
simple hangup extension.

Example:

SoftRedirect(target-channel, endpoint1-dest-ext, endpoint2-dest-ext)

I can put up a modest bounty of $100 if any1 is interested as it would
really help me with my current project. I have found a workaround for what I
need to do but it is not very clean.

I am going abroad for a few months though (leaving on sunday) but can leave
my friend in charge of organizing payment via paypal... would be cool if the
feature was in when I get back!