[asterisk-biz] $0.0090 US 48 Premium SIP Termination

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 23:23:06 MST 2006

Trouble is that doesnt work in the real [PSTN] world. Because of protocol
conversion issues between your gateway and the end destination normally any
signalling that positively tells you that the call is ringing is lost and
the best you are going to get is an acknowledgement that the call has been
accepted by the network.

The only real way to measure PDD is with the ear!

On the other hand, average time to answer could be absolutely measured - but
is not a standard metric.