[asterisk-biz] Selling the source code for asterisk call center solution = FRAUDULOUS ACT

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jun 13 13:12:18 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 15:41 -0400, Francois Lambert wrote:
> As of Monday June 12, we've been able to get a Court Order and get into
> their offices to recuperate our source code along with marketing material
> and proposition.

> If you have acquire the source code or if you are running this solution from
> this company, please contact us

while I do believe that if you were robbed you should be able to deal
with the problem, and that seems to have been started at least, the two
paragraphs above make me think that some additional info might be in
order if you expect people to contact you.  You have gone to court and
gotten someone to basically give up all copies of something, then you
want a list of others that have the same items.

What are your intentions with this list of names that you are
requesting?  If someone said they basically shut down one busines and
then wanted a list of other potential targets I would think that if I
were using your software (I dont, its not useful in my particularly
unique business model) and saw that I wouldnt want to identify myself
for fear that it would be taken away and I wouldnt be able to use it,
and then possibly being sued for a license fee or some silly thing.

Perhaps you should clarify so others that might actually have it dont
have a similar reaction, and then they would have to hope that qualifies
as estoppel :)

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!