[asterisk-biz] Conference service?

Sikaspam sikaspam at spamcop.net
Mon Jun 12 21:42:40 MST 2006

BJ Weschke wrote:
>  There is a java based console, yes. You can see who's talking,
> mute/unmute, and kick people from the conference in real time. The
> legs are identified by the callerID that the leg came in with.

It's more expensive, but probably worth it for that console. The only
qualm I have is is that there is a relatively high minimum ($50) and the
credit expires in 120 days. I can well understand the reasoning behind
this, but it makes it slightly less attractive to us. I'm not
complaining, just sharing my various questions and opinions as a
potential customer. I'm also guessing that once (ordinary) people get a
taste for this, they're gonna like it and want to set up their own
conference.

Several free services have been mentioned. The problem with free
services is that they can't really be used for business. Think of FWD,
it's wonderful when it works, and has very good peer support. But all
the goodwill in the world can't keep it running and online all the time.
If a customer conference call is scheduled and then doesn't happen, the
customer ("producer" of the conference if you will) is sunk. Even a full
refund won't buy back the lost credibility.