[asterisk-biz] Softswitch Required

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Sun Jun 11 21:04:39 MST 2006

trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 18:49 -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
>>> in sip.conf have you tried setting externip/externhost and localnet (you
>>> need to define both your local network and your external ie non NAT
>>> address not just one).
>>>
>>> Then NAT settings should have meaning.
>>>
>> Yes, I have those properly set to the public static ip and and local
>> network CIDR.
>>

> is this a peer or just something done from a dial command?  if peer can
> do verify NAT status by doing a sip show peers?
>
> I have not seen this problem in 1.2.9.1 myself (nat works as it should
> on my test boxes running that version) so I am curious what is different
> with yours.

Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status

Asterisk-A:
haf/mfedyk                 70.90.x.x        N      5060     OK (34 ms)

Asterisk-B:
mikefedyk/s                63.194.x.x   D   N      5060     OK (34 ms)

Also, note that asterisk-b is behind a NAT to the internet, and
asterisk-a is the NAT for its local network.  There is no NAT between
asterisk-a and the internet, and no externip setup on that host either.

Mike