[asterisk-biz] attempt on hacking us ?

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Fri Jun 9 10:51:24 MST 2006

The FBI gives priority to cases where actual damages have exceeded X
dollars. That creates a problem because people building password lists
aren't investigated until the passwords actually get used in a way that
is costing the victim(s) money. I won't give the value of X here. Thye
tell me it's a budgetary problem.

If someone reported that I was asking people to show me their
identification and credit cards in person, you can be sure that law
enforcement would arrive. They would look for any grounds suitable to
arrest me. If I do the same thing electronically, I probably won't be
pursued until after I have started using the credit card numbers.