[asterisk-biz] Fraud

lenz lenz-ml at oinko.net
Wed Jun 7 15:21:43 MST 2006

I am not sure from a legal point of view, but from a technical one you
could set up a rsync repository to distribute a big text file - rsync is
quite efficient at updating incremental text files with few variations and
most updates appended at the bottom. this means that you do not have to
provide a rel-time service that eats bandwidth, CPU and may cripple user's
performance if it should go down or be very slow.

if the idea gets to be successfull, it would then be easy to create a pool
of servers with round-robin DNS to share the load of a possible DDoS.
after downloading the file, each user would use a small script to upload
it to a local database and the use - for example - MySQL dialplan
extensions to check each DID in real-time.
a cron job would then be used for periodic updates.
it should not be very complex to do.

just my $0.02.
l.

PS. about this topic, have you seen the current top slashdot story?
http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/06/07/1949258.shtml

Assum est, versa et manduca.