[asterisk-biz] Voipjet provider

josemaria.sarachaga at bticino.com josemaria.sarachaga at bticino.com
Wed Jun 7 14:03:59 MST 2006

Thanks, this worked great! i'm not using the redundancy yet but the timeout
is very good, since when playing with codecs the calls got silent.

Now, if I configure this way the redundancy, how does asterisk know that's
an alternate path? and not just the next step of the script? i mean, how
does Asterisk know that doesn't have to dial to the other 2 gateways? as
far as i know the dialplan is secuential, and that's why i think it could
make 3 calls for every number dialed.

Regards
José María Saráchaga
Jefe de Soporte a Usuarios/Sistemas
Bticino Corporativo, S.A. de C.V.
(442) 238-04-40
josemaria.sarachaga at bticino.com

                    VoIP Street - Todd Routhier
                    <toddr at voipstreet.com>             Para:   Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
                    Enviado por:                       <asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
                    asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.        cc:
                    digium.com                         Asunto:      Re: [asterisk-biz] Voipjet provider

                    07/06/2006 10:50 a.m.
                    Por favor, responda a
                    Commercial and
                    Business-Oriented Asterisk
                    Discussion

Sure, the first example is one with no redundancy, the second is an example
of the redundancy you are looking for.

;No redundancy
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,DIAL(IAX2/VoIPstreet/${EXTEN},60,r)

;With redundancy
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,DIAL(IAX2/VoIPstreet/${EXTEN},60,r)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,DIAL(IAX2/Teliax/${EXTEN},60,r)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,3,DIAL(IAX2/VoIPjet/${EXTEN},60,r)

Regards,
 Todd Routhier
 VoIP Street
 http://www.VoIPstreet.com

josemaria.sarachaga at bticino.com wrote:
     Redundancy sounds great! i just don't know how to configure that in
     asterisk.

     For now (with the free trial cents) see that if for some reason the
     call
     cannot be made the user only waits with silence, no busy tone.

     Anyone knows how to do this? get a busy tone on error, maybe an error
     message? or an alternate route?

     Thanks to you all for your responses
     José María

                         Paul <ast2005 at 9ux.com>

                         Enviado por:                       Para:
     Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
                         asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.
     <asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>

                         digium.com                         cc:

     Re: [asterisk-biz] Voipjet provider

                         07/06/2006 09:28 a.m.

                         Por favor, responda a

                         Commercial and

                         Business-Oriented Asterisk

                         Discussion

     I think they are trustworthy if you mean regarding money. First paypal
     payment didn't get applied due to a glitch and John took care of it
     right away. No problem with subsequent payments.

     I used them for some overseas calls because the savings were great. I
     had some call quality problems and wound up paying a lot more to use
     other voip providers and my pots line. Later voipjet changed some
     routes
     and rates which improved the quality.

     I use multiple providers so the few times voipjet was down, I was
     still
     able to call out.

     Dome C. wrote:

          I know him. his name is John.
          i send traffic to him for longtime no problem.

          Dome C.
          josemaria.sarachaga at bticino.com wrote:

               Hi List

               Anyone knows how Voipjet.com service is? it's very cheap,
               but i would
               like
               to know how trustworthy is.

               Regards