[asterisk-biz] Performance on Pentium Dual Core CPUs

William Lloyd wlloyd at slap.net
Wed Jun 7 08:51:30 MST 2006

I have a similar setup(Tyan MB, Dual opteron etc).  It's not the
CPU's that your going to run up against, it's the bandwidth to your
hard drives.

You will probably need to use a memory filesystem and transfer to
hard drives after recording is finished.

Unfortunately some of the tyan dual opteron boards don;t like non
registered memory despite what the manual says.  Memory filesystem
with registered memory is gonna be expensive.

-bill