[asterisk-biz] Performance on Pentium Dual Core CPUs

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Tue Jun 6 16:12:04 MST 2006

Hi,

I would second on this.
Also if you want, you can post the same on your website and I can do
RSS link syndication on http://asterisk.pbx.in/

Especially since hardware are costly on this side of world and a well
educated decision would be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,
Enterux Solutions,
The Enterprise Linux Company (TM),
www.enterux.com

Quoting Matthew Rubenstein <email at mattruby.com>:

>         I'd love to see you benchmark your setup to actual max+1
calls, then
> vary some independent variables like RAM, transcoding, call
recording
> (to each of RAM and HD). And publish the matrix. Of course that's
easy
> for me to say, but that's all I can do in this email :).
>

> On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 08:59 +1000, Boris Bakchiev wrote:
>> Matt,
>>
>> The server tested has 2 spare E1 ports.
>>
>> We will be building another identical server in 2-4 weeks with
TE406P if
>> the project we're doing right now goes ahead.
>> I'll connect all span's via cross over cable and repeat the tests.
>>
>> That way I could test a round trip SIP->Span->Span->SIP for 120
>> simultaneous calls.
>>
>> That will be 240 encode/decode sessions plus the traffic from 4
E1's