[asterisk-biz] Fraud

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Tue Jun 6 13:02:55 MST 2006

Paul wrote:
> I would like to get some of those numbers and do rate checks with
> voicepulse and plainvoip using the macros they provided. It seems to me
> that the upstream provider should be the one to prevent these calls from
> going through.
Actually, that is a great idea.

Mark those numbers so that they have some high rate like $10 per minute
so that the call won't go through you.  Also play a message "you may
have high charges calling this number" if they haven't checked the rate
for the number before dialing.

That way, it is the customer's choice to dial the number or not and the
worst you can be accused of is warning your customers if they don't have
their systems setup to check the rate before dialing.