[asterisk-biz] VoicePulse pricing encourages large number of accounts was: VoicePulse engaged in very dubious business practices

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Jun 2 17:51:19 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 20:14 -0400, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Paul wrote:
>
> > Anyway, that cuts the cost per 64k to $1.875 a month. Of course there
> > will be people who insist on ulaw over sip or untrunked iax2. I always
> > find it amazing that people would expect to get reliability and quality
> > at $2.50 a month per channel.
> your problem is not going to be with per-mbit price for transit - that can
> be negotiated down. your problem is per-port cost of PRI/IMT. I don't know
> anyone who sells PRI ports for less than 100$/port/month even at level of
> 10 DS3s worth commit (as in, 280 trunks). So, if someone is offering 23
> concurrent calls for less than 60$/month, they are losing money.
>
> add capex cost: a proper switch, say, 8000 concurrent calls, will cost you
> ~200k$. At 36 month lease, that's roughly 6k$/mo lease payment. Cost of
> taking up 23 out of 8000 ports represents roughly 20$/month additional.

There is that problem, and one trxtel is trying to solve.  One new
product we are discussing currently to offer is local DIDs in any area
we are physically in (we plan to be everywhere but that wont happen
anytime soon, its such a big planet and no good ISPs in antartica :) we
will offer free usage with free unlimited (as in 24/7 I dont care how
much you use it - although there might be a channel cap to remedy some
capacity problems we will try not to do that).  However if anyone wants
to pay me $2.60/mo (1/23 of $60) I will gladly accept that instead of
giving free inbound service :)

this will of course be a one-way trunk inbound only, which you can
actually get fairly cheap if you are sneaky and devious (but totally
legal).

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com we pay you to terminate calls with us!