[asterisk-biz] VoicePulse pricing encourages large number of accounts was: VoicePulse engaged in very dubious business practices

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Fri Jun 2 17:11:06 MST 2006

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Paul wrote:
>

>>I get that $6000 price for a 100mps feed at 2 data centers I use. If I
>>approach that level I would certainly shop for a better deal. One option
>>is to buy directly from a bandwidth provider that is already feeding the
>>facility and pay the data center $50/month for the cross-connect. I will
>>point out that the $6000/month price has no setup costs. I just send an
>>email or make a phone call and I have it within a few hours.
>>

>You should price better. At this day and age, you should expect 30$/mbit
>or slightly less at commits of this size in a decent facility from decent
>carriers.

I would hope to get that type of rate and have it handed to me via
ethernet. I have had many setup fees waived for myself and my clients
the last few years. I would hope to get the same treatment on a 100mps feed.

Anyway, that cuts the cost per 64k to $1.875 a month. Of course there
will be people who insist on ulaw over sip or untrunked iax2. I always
find it amazing that people would expect to get reliability and quality
at $2.50 a month per channel.