[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Security

Gerard Hickey hickey at kinetic-compute.com
Thu Jun 1 09:21:43 MST 2006

The other option is just to run an OpenVPN client on a laptop and use
a soft phone. In this case, they only need to carry the laptop (which
they are already probably carrying) and a headset.

The only time I would setup a hardware phone over a VPN connection is
if the location was a remote work site. Something that would stay
around for a while.

Have fun....

On Jun 1, 2006, at 9:00 AM, paul at xedos.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You could try a Linkysys WRT54G flashed with OpenWRT which doubles
> as an
> asterisk server and OpenVpn server
>
> Rgds
> Paul
>
>> Dear friends,
>>
>> Good morning.
>> This is my first post on this list, so I would like to introduce me.
>>
>> My name is Daniel Mossinato and I'm an IT Mananger in Brazil, São
>> Paulo.
>> I'm running an Asterisk for the company where I work to use as an
>> "internal
>> communicator". I have some extensions and no external lines. The
>> partners
>> use this solution to talk between each other.
>> I have a new scenario since two of the partners will travel and
>> they want to
>> use the extension outside of the company. The only solution I've
>> found is a
>> VPN. They would connect from hotels or other offices and they
>> concern is
>> about somebody listening the conversation.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion of a device which supports OpenVPN? It
>> could be
>> an gateway (ATA) or a ip phone.
>>

>> Thank you very much
>> Sorry about my english

Gerard Hickey                             Kinetic Compute Services
hickey at kinetic-compute.com                694 Allen Ave.
207-318-5646                              Portland, ME   04103-3707

Specializing in UNIX/Linux/Mac OSX solutions for business and education.
      * ACSA certified and member of Apple Consultants Network

Alternative contact methods:
     Jabber: unixgeek at jabber.kinetic-compute.com
     AIM:    unixgeek69
     Skype:  unixgeek69

All email messages are sent digitally signed with a X.509 key for
authentication purposes. Messages not signed should be considered
forgeries and discarded.