[asterisk-biz] Looking for carrier grade redundant solution

Christopher Aloi chris.aloi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 17:45:50 MST 2006

Comments Inline:

On 7/29/06, Senad Jordanovic <senad at bicom.us> wrote:

> > <I really would like to develop this solution internally.>
> >
> > So, are you looking for a consultant to do most of the work for you?
>
> damn right.. free consultation for this issue on the mailing list!!!
> that is what this guy is after :)

A) This is not an issue; I am brainstorming possible ways of developing a
high-availability solution without being dependant on a third party.

B) I am in no way looking for "free consultation".  Isn't the purpose of a
user community to discuss this application? Do we not all have similar
goals, the pursuit of knowledge and a great application?

C) I don't understand why this happens, why jump to a conclusion about
someones goals without taking the time to understand what is really going
on?  I did not ask for specifics, but spoke about possible solutions.

If an open-source product and a user community sharing information is "free
consulting" i guess I am in the wrong here.

Senad