[asterisk-biz] Hosted Asterisk

Woodoo People .pGa! wpeople at Shadow.microsystem.hu
Mon Jul 24 06:03:22 MST 2006

> I know, it was already discussed.
> Just one question. If I use XEN or VMWARE, how much simulaneous calls
> can do one box with several hosts ? One computer with 4GB of RAM, Xeon
> processor, and a lot of HD space.
> Purpose is calling cards/pbx, so traffic goes thru system.

one question about that: if you are offering hosted asterisk systems, why do
you need xen or other virtualisation?

i thing the best would be an (another) asterisk (or other box) what doing the
SIP - PSTN mapping (in and out).

The hosting box(es) will run one asterisk, but many context, (probably based on
realtime).

What is the problem with that? you can simply limit number of paralell calls, number
of extensions, dedicate the incoming and outgoing DIDs, probably dedicating T1/E1.

--
WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users