[asterisk-biz] VoIP On Cellphones?

Lennie De Villiers lennie at openmindconnections.co.za
Fri Jul 21 06:21:56 MST 2006

Hi,

I’ve been using mig33 (HYPERLINK "http://www.mig33.com/"www.mig33.com) a lot
to stay in contact with clients/employees when I’m away from the office…
with all these apps you can IM your MSN etc contracts from your cell phone.

What about VoIP? With all the modern phones, like the Sony Ericsson V600i
that I’ve I can watch mobile TV, listen to Internet radio etc all where
there’s an GPRS or 3G data connection…. I did a test where I used GPRS
connection which is quiet slow in comparison with 3G or WiFi to call a Skype
contact, the sound was a bit buggy but I could still talk with her!

With the Germany soccer I basically watched the whole game from my cell
phone, what about VoIP on the cell phone? I would like to see a solution
where one can talk with VoIP from your cell phone to any contact (for
“FREE”) using GPRS/3G/whatever connection method…. I believe since all the
above like mobile TV is possible I would think VoIP will also be possible….
Since if the phone can stream sound + video / both it can do VoIP.

Kind Regards,

Lennie De Villiers

OpenMind Connections

Tel:                  +27 76 824 3560