[asterisk-biz] What's wrong with CallCenter traffic?

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 09:54:19 MST 2006

> Question..
>
> I often see origination/termination providers say they don't accept
> CallCenter traffic or they charge more for it.
>
> Why?

Because usually you will get a very low amount of chargeable traffic per
channel, with a large amount of the channel time eaten up on calls that
either don't get answered or are tied up in the call setup/clear down stage.
This means you need more channels to carry the same amount of chargeable
minutes, and this then increases your equipment and circuit costs.

Linus