[asterisk-biz] (((LRE Asterisk)))

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:06:46 MST 2006

 Erick,

 Wish I could help you there, but I was using the Philips SpeedStream
product line in my home for a while and eventually got rid of them
because I found the adapters constantly needing to be reset every time
there was fluctuation in the power (eg. thunderstorm,etc).  Other
folks my have had different experiences, but I'd not really recommend
any HomePlug application for use in VoIP from my own personal
experience with them.

On 7/12/06, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting thread. What sources of Ethernet over PowerLines do you recommend?
> I have an cutomer Hotel that has rotten cat 3/5 cable, 300 rooms, and
> almost no blue-prints of the buildings. The only thing that's for sure
> is the AC power on each room.
>
> Thanks,
>

> On 7/12/06, equip sourcing dept <lists at klondike.com> wrote:
> >
> > Bob:
> >
> > Your question is kind of obtuse, Asterisk is an application that runs over
> > an IP network, not sure if you're going to get much of a response.  Should
> > be worded as anyone using LRE over cat2/cat3 cabling in hotels/offices for
> > networking.
> >
> > Distance is going to be your enemy here so answer is probably won't work.
> > Your choices are putting an ADSL DSLAM in the basement and an ADSL modem in
> > the room, a TUT systems Ethernet may work, or Ethernet over Powerline.  All
> > of which we've done.
> >
> > Let me know if you need any more information, but to give you a direct
> > answer we'd need more info on the building you're working on in terms of run
> > lenths, number of rooms/offices, required speeds.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Clay S Perreault
> > Phase Global Limited
> >
> > bob murphy wrote:
> >
> > Okay,
> >
> > Anyone tested Long Range Ethernet technology over cat 2 or 3 to enable
> > Asterisk based voice services over old wiring?
> >
> > Anyone???

> --
> Erick Perez
> Panama Sistemas
> Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
> Panama, Republica de Panama
> Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780

Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/