[asterisk-biz] (((LRE Asterisk)))

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 11:50:03 MST 2006

Interesting thread. What sources of Ethernet over PowerLines do you recommend?
I have an cutomer Hotel that has rotten cat 3/5 cable, 300 rooms, and
almost no blue-prints of the buildings. The only thing that's for sure
is the AC power on each room.

Thanks,

On 7/12/06, equip sourcing dept <lists at klondike.com> wrote:

> Bob:
>
> Your question is kind of obtuse, Asterisk is an application that runs over
> an IP network, not sure if you're going to get much of a response.  Should
> be worded as anyone using LRE over cat2/cat3 cabling in hotels/offices for
> networking.
>
> Distance is going to be your enemy here so answer is probably won't work.
> Your choices are putting an ADSL DSLAM in the basement and an ADSL modem in
> the room, a TUT systems Ethernet may work, or Ethernet over Powerline.  All
> of which we've done.
>
> Let me know if you need any more information, but to give you a direct
> answer we'd need more info on the building you're working on in terms of run
> lenths, number of rooms/offices, required speeds.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Clay S Perreault
> Phase Global Limited
>
> bob murphy wrote:
>
> Okay,
>
> Anyone tested Long Range Ethernet technology over cat 2 or 3 to enable
> Asterisk based voice services over old wiring?
>
> Anyone???

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780