[asterisk-biz] g729.1 + g723.1 codec conversion

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Jul 7 18:32:04 MST 2006

>That why we bought Vega equipment they do every thing those TE411P cards
>did... But They Also Encoded to G729/G723/ULAW/ALAW... And when a fax comes
>it transmits Via T38..... With Billing software and radius software built in
>
>And where we paid $2800 for the Digium card we now get the Vegas for $3300
>and non of the Digium cards can compete...
>
>AND THE ONE THING VEGA DOES THAT THE DIGIUM CARDS DOES NO IS IF YOUR SERVER
>GOES DOWN.... VEGA CAN REDIRECT ON THE FLY... DIGIUM CARDS YOUR S.O.L.

Good thing to hear vega perform well. Personally I've been using
audiocodes and has the same kind of experience you describe: plug it in,
and you have transcoding / echo cancellation and fantastic sound quality.

However I'm not connecting to a PRI here... it's more for a "pure voip"
softswitch type usage. So unless you connect one of them vega gw pri
circuit onto another vega gw (which would obviously do the job, although
I don't know if "double echo cancellation" is a very good idea), I don't
see how this can be done...

In that respect, Digium new transcoding cards might be good!

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.