[asterisk-biz] g729.1 + g723.1 codec conversion

Ariel Batista arielb27 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 10:19:00 MST 2006

Freepbx as well as Asterisk does not have g729 loaded. You need to buy the
license from Digium for how many channels you want to use.  This is an
Asterisk issue not Freepbx.  I have purchased and installed g729 from digium
to Freepbx setups and they work.

g723 is not actually available as a product you can buy a license and
install them into asterisk. This I would love to see as an product
offering.  Digium is working on some boards that have these protocols built
into them. But last I knew they were not out yet.

On 7/5/06, Jean-Michel Hiver <jhiver at ykoz.net> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm a little bit annoyed with digium's g.729 licenses as they don't work
> out of the box on my FreeBSD platform, plus I need g.723 codec
> conversion anyway. Is there any software (even commercial would be OK)
> or dedicated hardware which does this, and potentially echo cancellation
> also? I'm looking at capacities ranging between 30 and 120 channels.
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel.

Ariel Batista
Kasi International