[asterisk-biz] GSM VoIP Gateway

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Thu Jul 6 03:56:46 MST 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 06:56:35AM +0100, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> On 06/07/06, Mark Armstrong <aifur1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Steve
> >You may wish to check the UK legality issue, I know several companies that
> >are doing tons of this product there?
> Steve got it exactly right - GSM gateways are illegal in the UK for
> third party use. An organisation can use one for its own traffic, but
> it can't sell or otherwise trade access.

Ofcom had a consultation of GSM Gateways, as far as I'm aware they have
not published results yet and it is still illegal to use GSM gateways
for 3rd party traffic (fine for an organisation to use it for their own
internal traffic).

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com