[asterisk-biz] Is ISP Blocking VoIP (situation in Israel)

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jan 31 23:52:47 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 08:49 +0200, Moshe Maeir wrote:
> Here in Israel - it seems that one of the ISPs (Barak, who is also a
> international LD service provider) is doing this. VoIP users report
> extensive chopiness on the incoming audio. Subscribers who suffered
> for a long time and  specifically  complained have been told to turn
> off their modem while the ISP "fixes" something. 2 minutes later the
> problem went away .....
>
> makes me wonder - is it so easy to do??

It could be that its a buffering issue and they do need to change
something, its hard to say based on auditory observation what exactly is
going on and without full network access where and why something is
breaking.

Maybe they just had to stop playing games on the mossad recording
system :P

However, something else I havent researched but heard about, isnt voip
in isreal now illegal?  I thought I saw some news report about that.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378