[asterisk-biz] New Grandstream GXV-3000 Videophone

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue Jan 31 10:02:56 MST 2006

asterisk-biz at thevoipconnection.com a écrit :

>We are accepting pre-orders for the new Grandstream GXV-3000 Videophone.
>These phones work great with Asterisk.

I have tried a few ATAs / Phones so far, and this is how I would rank it:

1. Fritz!FonBox WLAN (perfect device so far, SIP compliant, no NAT issues)
2. Sipura 3000 / LinkSys PAP2 (they are the same and decent quality,
STUN support)
3. IAXy (promissing but not quite usable / ready, lack of codecs)
4. BudgetTone (looks cheap, feels cheap, doesn't work properly)
5. GrandStream 486 (too much of a mess to set up, doesn't work properly)

As you can see, I haven't had much luck with GrandStream hardware. The
budgettone sort of worked (then crashed forever) and I never got the 486
to work properly.

Now these videophones look interesting, but I don't think I'm willing to
risk another buck on Grandstream hardware. Of course, YMMV, I might have
been exceptionally unlucky.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom