[asterisk-biz] Paris DID, 15 Cents Per Month Per Number

Mark mark at asteriskswitch.com
Tue Jan 31 06:57:00 MST 2006

trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 23:49 -0600, Mark wrote:
>

>>Bret, If I told you I wanted to sell XXX termination for 10,000 dollars
>>that you wanted to buy, how would you feel if at the time to pay  I said
>>there was also a 1,000 commission? Why would I NOT include that in the
>>advertised price? That is an HONEST business practice. The price
>>NORMALLY includes all costs.
>>

>That is a cultural difference.  In america for example a lot of fees are
>tacked on after, sales tax, postage and packing, etc.  When I lived in
>Edinburgh everything was all incl, VAT (basically the same thing as
>sales tax), etc.  Vonage and Broadvoice both advertise one price and
>tack on fees like taxes and other "regulatory" fees (ie regulations say
>they can but dont have to charge for thseo things).  In america its
>actually very common to have an advertised price not include everything,
>didx did more than most companies by stating there was additional fees,
>without a tiny asterisk that goes to fine print saying there are
>additional costs.

Cultural differences aside. They are advertising as a USA company to a
global Market.Besides they are talking about a commission of several
hundred percent, not a simple 10% commission. I stand by my statement
that it is a DISHONEST BUSINESS PRACTICE

>>And, yes there IS a need to point these inconsistencies out in these
>>posts and what is on their web site. I will go out on a limb here and
>>say DIDx and companies are engaging in DISHONEST business practices!
>>

>What exactly is dishonest about having their faq state their return
>policy (which is different from what you depicted and something that has
>changed since they first started last year).  What is dishonest about
>stating there are additional fees and then charging those additional
>fees they previously declared?

The issues I have brought up have absolutely NOTHING to do with their
return policy, or FAQs. It has to do with their form of advertising on
this list, and the DISHONEST tactics they use.

>It appears to me that you are just looking for an excuse to bad mouth a
>company and/or person for some perceived harm that befell you, and in
>doing so deviated from the reality of the situation.

Bad mouthing is not what I am doing , I am trying to protect the content
on this forum by making others aware of the tactics of DIDx. The only
axe I have to grind with DIDx is exactly this kind of advertising that
they consistently send out, some in the form of SPAM. The pricing is
everything. Does that mean I should start advertising Termination on
here at .000000001 per minute (plus commission)? That is an easy way to
fill up this forum with BS, and it has to be stopped as soon as it hits
the doors. Dont let these people use this list as a place to put their
misleading advertising.

>If you personally have a problem with rehan and/or didx please put him
>on ignore (most every mail program allows you to do this).  Then you
>wont see anything again.  The other alternative is to just let it go, it
>isnt required to respond to every post made.  You have expressed your
>feelings, anything beyond this point serves no meaningful purpose.  It
>just adds noise to the list.

If you want to talk about noise on the list, perhaps the misleading DIDx
posts should be considered NOISE, and not my pointing out that they are
untruths, and their price is nowhere near 15 centes per DID. I stated
abouve my problem with DIDx..

>Granted I have no individual right to demand anyone to do anything on
>this list one way or the other, and I have the power to ignore (either
>mentally or automated which is a good choice for people with no self
>control), but I can request.  I dont respond to every post, normally
>this stuff goes away quickly, however lately the volume seems to be
>increasing.

The voilume seems to be increasing, as there are more people putting BS
posts here such as DIDx. THAT IS MY POINT NO MORE BS ADS ON THIS FORUM

>Keep in mind this is the business list and it is 100% appropriate for
>people to post advertisements here for their related services.  Further
>it is appropriate for them to post in the culture they are familiar
>with, without what appears to be thinly veiled racial attacks.  This is
>a buniess list, as in professionals, I am requesting a little
>professionalism.

Yes and the honesty of that advertising must in some way be controlled.
Since this is a peer group, that leaves that burden on the rest of us. I
have to be Latino to use the word Dios? Did I mention I AM? Your
interpretation of a rwcial attack is prwety thin, or perhaps because I
used the word GOD , it was a racial attack?

>In my opinion people that constantly attack someone do not appear
>professional, especially when they start tossing in racial attacks

I dont think I tossed in ANY racial attacs, I merely listed alternatives
for the word GOD, as this is a global list. I also used the word Dios,
as I am Mexican American. It is no racial attack to use the word Allah
or Dios. The point was than whoever is appropriate to thank, should be
thanked. I  failed to mention Budda

You need to get out of the land of the oppressed and  see the world a
little,

>[racial attack deleted]
>

>>We need to weed out the bad seed that is on this list. If we do not,
>>opportunisits and scammers will control this list. At least if we are
>>making it a point to show their shortcomings, then new arrivals to this
>>list may be saved some grief.  It was someome on this list months ago
>>

>That is quite a task you have undertaken to control the flow of
>information and decide who can and cannot sell on this list.  Might I
>ask what your qualifications are for censorship on this list?
>Censorship comes in many forms, including blatently misrepresenting
>facts to try to pressure someone off the list.  Of course to
>intentionally misrepresent facts in an attempt to harm a business can
>also be illegal in some jurisdictions, I personally cant agree with
>illegal tactics to censor someone simply becuase I dont like them.

I am not censoring nor proposing censoring. What I am saying is that it
is ALL OF OUR respoponsibility to expose a post that we know contains
misleading information. Personally, I am not concerned about harm to his
business, as the First Amendment of the constitution protects me. Only
those of you who do not excercise your rights lose them. Additionally, I
can not be faulted in any way for providing the factual information that
I provided. In fract I backed up the statement with the actual current
DIDx pricing.

>>well. The truth is Rehan and company are here to stay. I think if they
>>

>The only businesses that are here to stay as you put it are the ones
>that actually sell a product and make money at it.  That is the sign of
>a successful business.  Successful businesses in a service industry only
>remain successful in the long term if they satisfy their customers.
>
>Either they are here to stay or they will go away becuase no one buys
>their service.  If their service is as bad as you claim they will surely
>go under soon, they cant keep servers and other things operating without
>revenue.  If however they are as you say here to stay then they must be
>doing something right.  You cant really have it both ways, this is
>fairly simple economics.
>
>I think I have expressed myself completly on this issue, unless there
>are new valid points raised I wont be responding to this thread, so dont
>expect one.  If anyone reading this couldnt tell from above I do not
>consider racial attacks valid points, so those certainly will not cause
>me to respond.

They are here to stay regardless of the success or failure of DIDx, as
they have a number of companies in internet telephony.