[asterisk-biz] I need your skiils, but I can't hire you

Reid Forrest rforrest at maxisnetworks.com
Thu Jan 26 19:12:11 MST 2006

I wasn't aware that Polycom had started supporting Asterisk. We too are
Polycom certified, but at least at the time were told that we would not be
certified unless we chose another platform. If this is the case, then I
applaud Polycom for their decision.

I should have been more clear in my original post. The intention was to state
that the hardware manufacturers (Polycom, Sangoma, and all the others) should
not be expected to support specific implementation details, like dial plans,
custom AGI, etc. As Sangoma aptly pointed out to me, they do support (and
contribute to) Asterisk. What I meant was that the manufacturers are not
general Asterisk help desks. Sorry for the misunderstanding.