[asterisk-biz] Impressive Asterisk Customer Demos

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Jan 25 12:50:36 MST 2006

Jean-Michel Hiver a écrit :

>> We want to build the “ultimate Asterisk demo” – and my questions to
>> you are: What would the ultimate Asterisk demo, consist of? What
>> would you like to see? What would your customers be impressed by? I’m
>> very willing to put up the presentation for general use after we
>> develop it along with a ‘how to’ but as of right now – we need ideas.
>>
> What I am building at the moment is a script which remotely tells
> asterisk to go to voicemail when my screensaver is active. This way,
> I'll stop being woken up by this bloody phone in the morning!
>
> It might not be impressive per se but it'll be better for my quality
> of life... plus having proper sleep is going to increase my
> productivity and overall well-being :)

Following on this, pehaps the most impressive thing about this demo is
the unbelievably small amount of work it requires to get working:

I have this script running in the background on my computer (granted, it
would be better to use some other mechanism than passwordless ssh...)

#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;

my $blanked = 0;
open (IN, "xscreensaver-command -watch |");
while (<IN>) {
    if (m/^(BLANK|LOCK)/) {
        if (!$blanked) {
            print "Switching stuff off...\n";
            system "aumix -v 0";
            system "ssh root\@ast.ykoz.net 'asterisk -rx \"database put
jhiver isDnd 1\"'";
            $blanked = 1;
        }
    } elsif (m/^UNBLANK/) {
        print "Switching stuff on...\n";
        system "aumix -v 75";
        system "ssh root\@ast.ykoz.net 'asterisk -rx \"database put
jhiver isDnd 0\"'";
        $blanked = 0;
    }
}

And just this in my extensions.conf...

[jhiver-incoming]
exten => s,1,SetLanguage(fr)
exten => s,2,DBGet(isDND=jhiver/isDnd)
exten => s,3,Gotoif(${isDnd}?100:200)
exten => s,100,Answer()
exten => s,101,Wait(1)
exten => s,102,Playback(astcc-tone)
exten => s,103,Voicemail(u0262550398)
exten => s,200,Dial(SIP/jhiver at ser.ykoz.net)

Well... that wasn't very violent. And it impresses me :)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.