[asterisk-biz] Asterisk TS-1 Asterisk/Soekris/iTX

Manny A. Wise mannywise at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:43:37 MST 2006

Well...
Mike, I don't see how trying to put other's people work "down" will make you
look any better....

I like the looks of your unit, you are right in your statement of "sexy"
looking unit but I guess they spend the 1,500 to "copy" it?, otherwise I
don't see how, because you don't offer any "details" in you website.....
Btw.. not everything that is 'sexy" is good.....

Anyway, I believe that both units are make from iTX motherboard...

Lately due to *me* trying to find the best solution for an OEM embedded
system ;),... has been talk in the Astlinux and Soekris mailing list about
iTX motherboards, and with [Asterisk/iTX] the general feeling is that iTX is
not a good choice!!!!

I have an email from a person who I though was the authority in this
controversial issue and he said:
"You mean non-Asterisk? I would never recommend such a thing."
"I've built such systems using both Soekris and Mini-ITX."

Sorry, I don't want to mention the name of the person, but he is well know
in Computer Hardware website!!..

Now, you are going to say that this person is wrong and that your system is
the best, How can we believe it?, without any specification on what you use
to build the system??

BITCOMM has a system similar to yours and they tell you with details, what
components are used to build the system...

I don't like the Xorcom people, they need to grow up... ;)
BUT!! is NOT fair for you to accuse then to copy your unit....
and  try to put then "down" like you are the "King of the Road"...
and make statements like your unit *is* the only one in this market..

Give me a break.....

Manny